Tentamus Group is a global product and safety firm with a core presence in Europe, UK, Israel, China and the USA. Tentamus tests and consults on products involving the human body with strong focus on food, nutraceuticals and cosmetics. Tentamus is represented in over 40 locations worldwide with more than 1,600 highly-trained staff members.
Tentamus provides support and advice to leading brands and retailers to ensure that their products are compliant with food legislation and establish brand standards.
Location: Greater Derby, UK
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Check and approve food product specifications for major brands and retailers in UK and ensure that all product specifications and labels comply with legislation, guidance and customer codes of practice
- Assist and support suppliers in the completion of accurate specifications through regular feedback and advice
- Provide effective clarification to suppliers and clients on all relevant legal and corporate food labelling polices
- Review pack copies and other information such as nutrition data to confirm label copy is accurate
- Ensure all information, claims and layout comply with UK and EU legislation and Customer requirements, and give guidance on these areas as required
- Maintain an awareness of new local and EU food legislation, and advise in a timely manner of the impact of any changes
Your Basic Qualifications
- Degree in Food Science/Food Law or in a related field
- Experience writing or checking food specifications using the systems of the major UK brands and retailers
- Experience in food legislation, its interpretation and application to food labels is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Challenging tasks and a long-term perspective in a healthy owner-managed family business
- A motivated team, flat hierarchies and a very family-conscious working environment
- Individual further education offers (Tentamus Academy) and the opportunity to help shape the growth of a medium-sized family business
- Joint team events and recreational opportunities
If you are interested in working in a fast moving, diverse and challenging role with Tentamus Group please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your CV with your salary expectation!Source: https://www.tentamus.com/career/labelling-advisor-uk/