Tentamus Group is a global product and safety firm with a core presence in Europe, UK, Israel, China and the USA. Tentamus tests and consults on products involving the human body with strong focus on food, nutraceuticals and cosmetics. Tentamus is represented in over 65 locations worldwide with more than 2,500 highly-trained staff members.
We are looking for a Senior Chemist to join the EPL-BAS location in North America, based in Niantic, IL. This position reports to the Director of Scientific Operations and is a great opportunity for an senior scientist to lead a team.
Location: Niantic, IL, USA
Your Primary Responsibilities
Specific technical experience with:
- Residue chemistry studies including RAC/decline, field dissipation/leaching, dislodgable foliar residues, spray drift, pollinator health, method validation/ILV
- Product chemistry studies including Preliminary Analysis/Enforcement Methods, Phys/Chem and test/reference substance characterization
- Analytical methods development, optimization and troubleshooting using sample preparation techniques such as SPE, QuEChErs, high-throughput (96-well plate format) and instrumental techniques such as LC-MS/MS and GC-MS or GC-MS/MS.
Your Basic Qualifications
Our ideal candidate would be a GLP trained Scientist with extensive experience in planning, implementing, and documenting complex pesticide residue and product chemistry projects in a Regulatory environment. A team leader with a sense of urgency and a record of accomplishments coaching and mentoring other scientists and leading teams to deliver high standards of quality within tight deadlines. Organized, take-charge professional with exceptional communication and presentation skills as well as management skills including time management, work allocation and leadership and an ownership mentality. Able to plan and manage multiple projects and work packages using project management tools, optimize and develop new assays and successfully conceptualize innovative solutions to solve challenging technical problems. Experience with modern residue analytical techniques and data generation for pesticide regulatory submissions including generation of reports, SOPs, protocols and other documents associate with GLP studies.
Master’s or Bachelor’s in Chemistry or related field is required, or 5-7years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Challenging tasks and a long-term perspective in a healthy owner-managed family business
- A motivated team, flat hierarchies and a very family-conscious working environment
- Individual further education offers (Tentamus Academy) and the opportunity to help shape the growth of a medium-sized family business
- Joint team events and recreational opportunities
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Paid time off including paid holidays.
You are interested? Please apply here: https://www.indeedjobs.com/tentamus-north-america/Source: https://www.tentamus.com/career/senior-chemist-epl/