Once again, the team of Laboratorio Tello did not miss one of the main events of the olive oil sector at international level: EXPOLIVA 2021, International Fair of Olive Oil and Related Industries, which ended 25th of September at the Provincial Exhibition and Conference Centre (IFEJA) in Jaén.
Despite the exceptional situation due to the pandemic, the 20th edition of Expoliva exceeded all expectations, with the visit of King Felipe VI, who wanted to show his support for the sector, as well as taking an interest in the latest technological advances and R&D&I projects, which could provide a boost to the olive industry.
This year, Laboratorio Tello presented some of its new developments focused on the expansion of analytical services, offering the sector an increasingly wide range of products and consolidating a comprehensive control service at all stages of the oil production process, its packaging, distribution and point of sale. These include:
- Offering every one of the contaminants that are included in EU Reg 1881/2006, and all those relevant in the Sector due to their possible detection in AOVs and other edible Vegetables, such as MOHs, MCPDs, Aflatoxins, etc. We want the final customer to see us as a complete and final solution for all their analytical needs.
- Training and Advice in most of the Value Chain: Field, Oil Mill, Packer and Distributor.
- And all of this, endorsed to the greatest extent possible, by Conformity with ISO 17025 Standard and the support of Tentamus Group to make the most of the fair.
It is worth mentioning that Laboratorio Tello is still one of the few laboratories with the Olive and Pomace Yield accredited by the R.M.N. (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) and SOXHLET methods, the official reference and control method.
In addition, Laboratorio Tello presented two R&D&I projects in which it is currently involved:
- The RETOS Project, which studies analytical advances related to the quality, safety and shelf life not only of the olive oils, but also of other edible vegetable oils and high-fat vegetable food products, as well as the optimization and development of analytical methods for contaminants.
- and OILOX Project, which is studying how to increase the natural biophenol content of EVOOs, which could mean a revaluation of traditional rainfed olive groves, due to their healthy aspects.
Expoliva 2021 has been a unique occasion for the reunion which has served as an opportunity to talk to and reconnect with leading companies in the sector.
About Laboratorio Tello
Laboratorio Tello offers technical advice throughout the integral control of the process: field, oil mill, packaging, and point of sale. Since 2017, Laboratorio Tello has been part of the Tentamus Group. This membership is allowing them to continue with their objective of growth and expansion of services.
Being aware of the importance of offering a technical guarantee to its customers, Laboratorio Tello is also recognized by ENAC and by the International Olive Council (I.O.C.) for Physical-Chemical and Contaminant tests, guaranteeing the maximum technical competence and reliability of its results. Please find further information about Laboratorio Tello at www.laboratoriotello.com .
Juan Antonio Tello – General Manager of Tello
(+34) 953 281 116